Subject: [Leica] Why the mad rush / toxicity
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:36:39 -0500

At 05:14 PM 11/5/2009, you wrote:
>Within 5 miles  from me  here in NY are at least 20 colleges with thriving
>darkrooms with trays laid out like they have for decades for the multitudes
>of kids to play in like ducks with tongs in the dark.
>I personally if I ran the schools would skip it.
>
>Mark William Rabiner

I taught photography at the local community college until they
decided to get rid of their wonderful darkroom, several years
ago.  The administration planned to convert everything to computers
but, after they dismantled and sold all of the darkroom equipment,
the powers that be discovered they couldn't afford computers for
everybody.  They asked me to teach without darkroom or computers but
I decided I'd rather retire.  Now it's all state-of-the-art computer
technology only.  Community colleges here are bursting at the seams
with classes all day and night.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com