Subject: [Leica] PDN Reviews M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:04:21 -0500

> Marty Deveney wrote:
>

> There's an error in this review where they say: As with the M8, to
> replace the SD card?yup, the M9 is still SD only and will only accept
> cards up to 2 gb.  Firmware fixed this for the M8 and M9s are shipping
> with firmware that allows use of the largest SD cards.  When I tested
> an M9 in Prague in September, I used a 32 GB card.
> <<<
>
> Also the reviewer wrote: "by removing the anti-aliasing filter, you
> increase the incidence of noise in high ISO images."  Noise is linked to
> the AA filter???  That's news to me.

It's news to me to because its total baloney.
He thinks the camera would be of most use to "art" photographers!?!?!
And "Street" photography does not exist it is just photography!?!?!
Cameras are of course used in the context in the practice of "Photography"
and "photographers"  And this makes it not just another consumer gotta have
it product a writer can add to his r?sum? of high end trendy things he can
write about. There needs to be some commitment to photography itself.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] PDN Reviews M9)