Subject: [Leica] Sic transit Gloria darkroom
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:16:06 -0500

> That's actually exactly why I want to go back :-)
>
> I mean I do have one dSLR, a dRF, and a digicam. My monitor is
> calibrated, my printer is a Z3100 that can print from canvas to rice
> paper and everything in between.
>
> So B&W wetprint is for the occasion "fine arts" stuff.

I would stop playing around with canvas and rice paper and put some 100% rag
paper in your printer  like serious photographers use for  ""fine arts"
stuff." You have an inject  printer costing thousands that most serious
photographers would die for and never get. I'd use it with more intelligence
and respect.
Go to a serous photography gallery. See if you can tell the difference
between the inkjet prints and the silver gelatin prints without reading the
labels.
But more importantly do some reading.
Nobody calls them "wet prints".

Ansel Adams if that's that's the reason for the darkroom stuff did not get a
print out in one step using and analyzer and then sticking the print in a
slot processor. Did not use a color head. He crafted in image making several
test prints and making test strips. It took some time.
Its easy enough to read how serious darkroom work is done in the past
decades. Its not in the wedding section of the phone book.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Sic transit Gloria darkroom)