Subject: [Leica] Why the mad rush / toxicity
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:56:02 +1030

>She was about to learn C printing. What a waste!  C prints were bad when
>they were good.

Indeed.  The greatest single thing about digital processes is that
colour is freed from the intimate interlinking of hue, contrast and
saturation.  I remember making colour and contrast masks for C type
and especially Ilfochrome prints - it was an awful job that provided
only best of a bad scenario results.

In comparison, well made high end inkjet prints seem miraculous.