Subject: [Leica] Lens Advice
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:14:30 -0800

Having just returned from almost 8 weeks on the road, I think I would have
liked a bit of a longer lens at times.  Not so often that I want to invest a
lot of money into the deal.  I am looking at a 300/4ish manual focus lens
that I can mate to my Canon Rebel XTi.  I have been looking a bit at a Nikon
300/4.5 ED-IF and a Pentax screw mount 300/4.  I see both listed in the
$200-$300 dollar range.  Might be do-able at this price.

I guess my requirements are pretty good optical performance, (maybe not
R-quality) compactness and light weight.  Any suggestions?

Aram

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Lens Advice)
Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Lens Advice)