Subject: [Leica] Lens Advice
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 06:02:08 -0800

Common sense....
A Canon body does not accept a Nikon or Pentax Lens without something done
to the lens mount.  That means no Auto Diaphragm....

You like stopping down the lens for each shot not at full aperture?  What
happens to the metering system with a non-Canon lens?

If you dislike the answers to the above question:  why take this route?  Why
not look for a compatible Canon lens in your price range?

Or is there nothing?  Tamron? Or other third party lens maker?

PS:  A 280

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Having just returned from almost 8 weeks on the road, I think I would have
liked a bit of a longer lens at times.  Not so often that I want to invest a
lot of money into the deal.  I am looking at a 300/4ish manual focus lens
that I can mate to my Canon Rebel XTi.  I have been looking a bit at a Nikon
300/4.5 ED-IF and a Pentax screw mount 300/4.  I see both listed in the
$200-$300 dollar range.  Might be do-able at this price.