Subject: [Leica] Migrating to Mac
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:23:50 +1000

Tina, you may like to ask about cross platform change overs for your Adobe
software. Probably you need to ask Adobe themselves. I think that there is a
scheme where they will replace your disks for a reduced fee.
Your Eizo will be no problem. Confirm that your stored mountain of data will
require no changes on the new OS? Your RIP compatible? Do you need any other
software such as Office? Depends exactly what you want to do with the laptop
of course.
We tried a little Mac book here for a year but never got used to the
interface after years of exclusively PCs. It might be very worthwhile if you
can sit dowm with one of those Mac photog folks and learn the interface a
little before you spend your money?

--
Cheers
Geoff