Subject: [Leica] m9 review
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:22:21 -0500

I second Leo's comment. Good review David.

Reviewing equipment is really difficult. Pop Photo (or was it Modern?)
supposedly had reviewing down to a science. They had extensive testing
equipment and put everything through the wringer. Still, I can't recall
ever being overwhelmed by their reviews.

I value most the opinions of actual users. I like subjective views more
than complete objectivity. Tell me a lens "is good" and I'm sold. But
speak to me about Modulation Transfer Function and I'll tell you I'm
just not interested in discussing light rail or subway systems.

I know David has used what he's written about. His review made me want a
digital M (as have many posts on the LUG). I'd prefer an M9 but I may
settle for a used M8. Although a "Voigtlander SLII 20/3.5 Aspherical
Color- Skopar chipped for Nikon" and an Epson 3800 may come first. It's
really no consolation but the former is a bargain based on cost per
letter in the name, versus the M9.

Dave R