Subject: [Leica] Migrating to Mac
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:37:23 -0800

Tina:

(This note was typed on my new (Refurbished) Macbook Pro 13" -
watching BBC reruns with my wife in our family room and sent via Apple
Time Capsule wireless.)

I saved $200.00 and shipping was free from the Apple Store.  Arrived
in absolutely flawless condition.

Our iMac is very happy to have another Mac in the house, and I'm very
pleased to have it for my business in the field - literally use on the
hood of my pickup at job sites.

As to photography, I use iPhoto for "triage"; film scans or downloads
from digital cameras go there first then on to Aperture if they pass
initial muster.  Pretty much all the connectivity you might want plus
and SD card slot.

The screen resolution is superb for display or edit - a bit (pun
intended) sharper than our recent iMac.

The machined aluminum case is strong, well-suited for travel,
beautifully finished and feels right in the hand - sounds like a well-
built camera, no?

Finally, the 13" size  works really well behind the wheel (parked, of
course) or in coach class, where the seat pitch pretty much rules out
larger laptops.  In your case - a working photog - I'd certainly opt
for the solid state drive.  For backup, we use the Apple 1Tb wireless
Time Capsule but there are many non-Apple backup devices, such as the
My Book from Costco.

Good Hunting!