Subject: [Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses"
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 05:20:54 +0000

But we -know- the R market is tiny compared even to the M market. The
R8 almost bankrupted the company. It cost a pittance to develop
compared to a digital camera. How many $25,000 R digitals could they
sell? At least by making their digital reflex camera the "S" they have
half a chance of paying the development costs, with a digital R they
have not a snowballs chance in hell to get their money back, never
mind make anything. The reflex Leica has been subsidising users since
its inception (including me). It seems they have learned from history
and given up on it. Unfortunate for us users, but at least now they
may still continue to exist.
Frank D.