Subject: [Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 01:05:49 -0500

> I think we have a basic, and deeply different, point of view.
>
> I believe there is a big ( in Leica terms) market for a Digi-R.  Do they
> have to develop it themselves?  No.  The camera must accept R mount lenses,
> and be digital capture.
>
> Get someone else to do the R+D on one of their own Digi-bodies, private
> brand the thing "Leica", and adapt the  mount to the R lenses.
>
> No AF
>
> This is not that hard......and it does not have to be priced at $25,000.
>
> And now you have a new market for the world's best SLR lenses......put them
> back into production......
>
> It costs a lot less to keep your current customers then it does to get new
> customers......
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i at earthlink.net
>

> But we -know- the R market is tiny compared even to the M market. The
> R8 almost bankrupted the company.

I have friends who are wanting to make nice use of their R glass.
More then one.
Two.
I met them on the lug.
I think the people in the world who are dying to make great use of their
great R glass they've held onto you could fit into the Mens room at the
Barns and Noble bookstore on the 3rd floor.
Where the hand dryer goes off like jet engine on the runway.
They need to hand you yellow airport eye protectors on the way in.
Maybe a long orange flashlight and overalls.

But I think somebody will make a digital body for R glass.
Though it may be cropped format.
I do think it will be cropped format and cost 3 grand.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses")