Subject: [Leica] m9 review
From: tcharara at mac.com (Tarek Charara)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:53:06 +0100

Dante,

I agree 100%. The M8 is slow in writing to the card in a sequence and
locks up very easily. Even worse, when the camera locks up, the only
way to unlock it is to take out the battery for a few seconds
resulting in the loss of (up to) 10 pictures. At least that's what
happens with my M8.
I use the M for 95% of my work, so there is no digital alternative
for the time being. I bough a small flash, the 24D for the Leica and
noticed that sometimes the flash didn't trigger. I first thought it
was the flash unit, now I know it's the M8...

The lock up problem and losing 10 pictures is a real PITA.

All the best from the south of France!

Tarek

Tarek Charara
<http://www.pix-that-stimulate.com>