Subject: [Leica] Was Unwashed Masses - Now R lenses on Nikon D700
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 00:34:43 -0800

> On Nov 9, 2009, at 10:15 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>> and don't forget, Leica R glass, with 10 min of work to put on a
>>> leitax
>>> adapter, works fine on the excellent Nikon D700 body...
>>> so all those people who are waiting,
>>> can stop waiting...
>>> Steve
>> Yes but shooting every darned thing wide open can get old a fella
>> wants to
>> stop down to a blazing 5.6 every once in a blue moon and make sure
>> he or she
>> is getting their focus. Maybe more than one thing in focus.
>> I say rich or poor its always nice to get the thing in focus.
>> Makes you want to look at it. The picture.
>
> true Mark, but at least the nikon metering is linear as you stop
> down, and you can stop down to f 5.6 or so...and you can get the
> shot, if there is enough light, which I guess there is, cus if not,
> you wouldn't stop down...
> like, it works...
> Steve

Indeed it does work! I have been out this afternoon under the blazing
sun shining in kodachrome blue skies with my D700 and the 28 Elmarit
and the 90 Summicron - blazing away getting a feel for my new 'hood
(which is the oldest settled section of Hong Kong) and it felt good!
Pictures will be down loaded shortly and then I'll see what I got.
A D700 with the above lenses is a nice change of pace from my M8 and,
for me, equally satisfying. If there is no "suitable solution" for an
R digital platform from Leica
I don't care anymore.
Cheers
Howard (HOT in brilliantly sunny and incredibly clear Hong Kong)

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Was Unwashed Masses - Now R lenses on Nikon D700)