Subject: [Leica] OT: MAC question - Mail / Netscape / Thunderbird
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:51:39 -0500

Steve Barbour wrote:

>On Nov 10, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Philippe Amard wrote:
>
>> I have always used basic mail software; Eudora, and then Netscape, to
read my mail on the PCsss.
>> I am in the process of giving the Mac a chance for mail and find Mail a
pain.
>> Does any of you have experience with Thunderbird?
>> I wouldn't want to download it to find it is even more tedious than Mail.
>> Is it closer to Netscape?
>> TIA for experienced reports.
>> Philippe
>
> really, I use mail and find it better than the rest, most of which I've
tried,

> Steve

Does anyone else see the parallels between this discussion and the usual
photo equipment nit-picking discussions?  Does e-mail software matter that
much?  If so, doesn't a camera or lens choice matter as much to a
photographer?  Or are both immaterial, and we should just get on with
e-mailing and/or making pictures?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] OT: MAC question - Mail / Netscape / Thunderbird)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] OT: MAC question - Mail / Netscape / Thunderbird - THANKS + Doug)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] OT: MAC question - Mail / Netscape / Thunderbird)