Subject: [Leica] Links for X-1 Luminous Landscape and Reid Review's Reviews
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:27:40 +0000

In the review it points out that with the normal architecture of this type
of camera the shutter is open, until the release is pressed, it then closes,
prepares the sensor for an exposure, rather than continuous video, then
takes the picture. I would imagine that if Panasonic can have a version with
the screen off that this could be done on the Leica in firmware also,
allowing it to be instantaneous(ish) with all the rigmarole no longer
necessary.
Frank D.