Subject: [Leica] Links for X-1 Luminous Landscape and Reid Review's Reviews
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:08:09 -0800

I've gone and tried both the LX3 and GF1 with all the systems as
direct as possible, ie, manual focus etc. The two cameras feel
equally quick to me, with both having a small lag that is more than
an M, film or digital. I should maybe try to take a picture of a fast
moving hand on a stopwatch, but those are my impressions.

Neither camera is slow enough to bother me after getting used to it,
but as in all cases, you do have to get used to it and adjust your
shooting to best catch peak moments.

As usual, the main culprit in causing lag is the autofocus. The GF1
autofocus is actually very fast, but the main problem is that as with
all autofocus systems, you don't know how long it's going to take,
and so you can't anticipate properly.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design