Subject: [Leica] S2 test
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:11:08 -0500

> Look at the Rollei SL66. Cheap. Same exact optics as Hassy, but no leaf
> shutter (read: light).
> I carry an SL, 50, 80, 150, 2x, prism finder, pentax spot meter, extra
> back,
> film, cable release and filters all in a mini trekker. Maybe 12-15 pounds
> total.
>
> And sharp as a tac! Has built in tilt as well as built in bellows
> extension. I
> just bought a second body for backup for $900 and they will CLA it for me.
>
> You can get an SL, 80 and back for $1,200/$1,300. Add on lenses as wanted.
> Only get HFT lenses; most recent/same as T*.
> And did I say it was about 1/3 the weight of a 501??
>
> Trust me.....
> Bob Adler
> Palo Alto, CA
> http://www.raflexions.com

And the rare gear you'd be getting going into Rollei SL66 when you finally
found them would cost you 3 - 4 times what Hassy stuff would.
And the Hassy system is also 3 - 4 times more extensive.

A 501 with no back, lens, screen weights a few ounces.
Its a small cube with a mirror in it made in Sweden.
A camrea with a built in bellows weights a third of that?
I'd bet not.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] S2 test)