Subject: [Leica] Bryce Canyon
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 00:37:48 -0800

That's because people are having different sort of debate. The
question isn't about the longevity of a particular medium. The
question is about the value of the information. Here's a simple
example: your great-grandma died a hundred years ago. There is
absolutely nothing left from her except 2 badly damaged B&W photos.
Chances are you will treasure them.

OTOH, your great-grandson finds 2 terabytes of data from you, and
another 4 petrabytes from each of his forbears, he has trouble find
his own son's birthday picture from 3 years ago, what's the chance of
him looking through your gigabytes of files?

On the third hand, we are all dust anyway. Who cares if anyone look at
our stuff, ever again?

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: