Subject: [Leica] Red bead on lens
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:31:40 -0800

TINA OFFERED SO ELOQUENTLY:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Red bead on lens
> You can also put a dot of red fingernail polish in the place of the
> bead.<<<

Hi Tina,
Thank you for posting it so thoughtfully and simply eloquent!" :-) Like it's
a no brainer!

Hey whomever, so you lost the red dot! Big Deal!! A major big deal, it means
diddly squat whether your  photographs are any good or not!

I own a first in Canada Noctilux that has worked beyond your wildest
imaginations all these many years without a lens shade for at least...
READY?  30 years!

And a red dot for near 20 years, if not longer, despite my dear friend Sal
Dimarco sending me an "official red dot" to glue in place, I never did!
:-( The lens and picture results have survived these many years.

RED DOT smedge POT!  Like really who cares!

My Noctilux still hasn't got a red dot and I know with my eyes closed how to
lock the lens into the right place on whatever M camera body you wish to
name! Inculding the M8 & M9!  Man it's all about feel! No different than
feeling the moment to trip the shutter and capture the perfect moment! :-)

Look whomever you are, save your money, by the cheapest red nail polish you
can buy, add a blob to the spot where the OFFICIAL RED DOT was and you are
laughing all the way to the bank! :-)

The guys an gals on the LUG always try to help folks save money instead of
buying the ridiculous over priced Leica bits and pieces! :-) Have a nice
day!

cheers,
Dr. ted. :-)

Replies: Reply from rhart76 at gmail.com (Roger Hart) ([Leica] Red bead on lens)