Subject: [Leica] Lou Reed, Now Salgado...
From: csemetko at gmail.com (Craig Semetko)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:35:50 -0800

Thanks so much for this Kevin--very helpful. I, too, have experienced
the totally irrational and "perversely capricious" security personnel,
and they're a real pain. I think half the time they say no just
because they can.

I've been toying with the idea of creating negs from digital files and
printing them and this will put me over the top. It sounds really
intriguing, and I'm encouraged to read the prints are virtually
indistinguishable from film neg prints. While I was in Germany I met
another photographer on assignment for an NGO and he recommended
"Silver Effects Pro" for adding grain and making digital files look
like Tri-X, or any number of other films. I've been too busy to
download it and try it out but I'll give it a try soon. If anyone has
had success with Silver Effects or any other film replicating
software, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks again for the post,

Craig

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Lou Reed, Now Salgado...)