Subject: [Leica] IMG: Stearman
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:48:31 EST

Sonny,

I did a little research on the registration number and learned that  the
plane was significantly damaged in Texas in September, 1990 when it's
propeller failed during service as a crop-duster.  It's current owners
registered
it in 1995, and from what I can tell, its been in its current  markings
since then.  Markings like these make it very appealing at Warbird  meets
and
airshows, where it has been an active participant.

As far as movie work, King Kong came immediately to mind, but Peter Jackson
 went through much effort to have two Curtiss Helldiver replicas custom
made for  the film.  Real Helldivers were used in the original 1933
production.

It may have been in other movies, but I'm not aware of any specific  ones.

Best regards,

Ira Silverman
Irvine, CA