Subject: [Leica] M8 problem
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:09:49 +1000

Douglas do you mean you have a thin red line (like a single row of pixels)?
Or are you seeing some wider streak from one edge where a light source is at
the edge of the frame?

The first has been reported by a few people . I do not know what the failure
rate is. It is a fault though and Leica have been repairing those cameras
under guarantee. You might like to talk to your nearest sevice centre...
Solms? New Jersey?

Occasional broader streaks from a light source at the frame edge are a known
characteristic of the sensor but are not fixable by repair or firmware. It
should be very rare. I think this is what Lluis is talking about.