Subject: [Leica] M8 problem
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:21:08 -0500

My M8 when I first got it exhibited a sensor defect.  This is an example:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/techie/L1000588.JPG.html

I took this 2 years ago, late October 2007, when I was experimenting
with the camera, and using B+W and 1250 asa.  Since my main lenses were
out being coded, I was shooting with 2nd string lenses, in this case, a
35 pre-asph lux.

The sensor problem shows itself as a single pixel wide vertical white
line about 1/8th of the way from the right edge, a line which intersects
with my daughter's 1st thumb joint.  you might not see it clearly unless
you blow the image up full size.  On high iso images, 1250 or 2500
usually, the line would manifest itself, always in the same place.  I
sent the m8 off to Leica USA and 2 months later, just before christmas
2007  it came back with a new sensor.

-rei