Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 47 (ric pt 2)
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:21:09 -0500

Finishing out on last week.

Still toying with a foggy morning in a small  waterfront town - Little
Washington. There have been docks in this spot for a couple hundred years.
Town incorporated as Washington in 1776 with the skeptics of the day's
nickname of Bonner's Pea Patch.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/PAW2009/47/47-wharf.jpg.html>

The draw house on the only bridge over the Pamlico River. The bridge seldom
opens any more. Highways long ago killed river trade. Highway 17 crosses the
river here. A new bypass bridge is soon to open just upriver.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/PAW2009/47/47-draw.jpg.html>

We installed Grand Lodge officers November 21.
As I took a hidden backstage shortcut to the other side of the stage at the
installation, I noticed the backside of the scenic drop had an interesting
glow from the stage lights. The walkway was less the four feet wide, so the
12mm was called for.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/PAW2009/47/47-drop.jpg.html>

The installation stage manager waits to help participants pass through the
side curtain.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/PAW2009/47/47-stage.jpg.html>

One last look at the rising sun burning the off the fog at Havens Wharf.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/PAW2009/47/47-warmwharf.jpg.html>

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/
www.facebook.com/ric.carter