Subject: [Leica] CV 40mm 1.4 lens on M9
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 16:58:28 +0000

I would imagine that producing good profiles of lenses they do not make
would be quite a long winded and expensive business. They would be leaving
themselves open to criticism if the profiles did not work well, which is
quite possible if there is considerable sample variation from the item they
tested, probable with cheaper lenses.
Perhaps if CV and Zeiss sent the theoretical required corrections to Leica
and asked them to add them??? But frankly I already find scrolling down the
list of lenses long enough thank you.
I think it is reasonable for owners of non-Leica lenses to experiment
themselves to find the best solution for them. That is what I have done for
the few non-Leica lenses I use.
I suspect that the pressure is on them to supply existing demand for the M9
just now, not increase demand by helping non-Leica customers (and helping
their competition to sell more lenses).
Perhaps if they end up with some excess stock it may be an update that helps
sales.
Frank