Subject: [Leica] OT: Mac wannabees
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 20:08:49 -0500

To all those bemoaning the fact that the PC has more available software than
the Mac, wake up and smell the coffee. You can run any PC program on an
Intel Mac (any Mac sold within the last four years) by simply using
Parallels or Boot Camp or other  PC emulators. Boot Camp comes free with Mac
OS 10.6 and Parallels is often given free by the dealer as part of the sales
package. Some emulation programs are even available as shareware. These
programs either convert the Mac to a better than average PC or run PC
programs in a window on the Mac screen. Running PC programs under the Mac OS
largely eliminates the threat of PC viruses.

For those that complain that the Mac keyboard buttons are in the wrong
places, you can easily reprogram the keyboard to make any key substitute for
any other. But I wouldn't bother. After a week or so, you won't make any
errors.

I used PCs running Windows for decades at work. When I switched to a Mac, it
was like breaking the Window(s) and smelling fresh air. It isn't really the
hardware, although Apple gear is among the most reliable, but the software.
OS 10 is simply the best operating system on the planet. And yes, I have
been a beta tester of Windows 7.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: Mac wannabees)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] OT: Mac wannabees)