Subject: [Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:54:37 +0000

Hi Mark,
You do the programme an injustice.
The order of the modules is in the time order which you use them, obviously,
to put them in another order would be stupid.
This order has nothing to do with the sequence of -importance- just the
order in which most people carry out their work, that is perhaps why it is
called workflow is my guess.
I have been using Photoshop since V3, I find, as do many who have both, that
Lightroom is capable of doing pretty well all the things I used to do in
Photoshop, organised a different way, perhaps, but using -exactly- the same
code AFAIK, I would assume that it is part of the Photoshop suite because of
this, rather than for marketing using the PS name.
It took me a while to get used to, and I did not like it as much as Bridge
and Photoshop at first, but that was just a question of getting used to it.
CS4 will probably be my last PS upgrade, as long as I can continue to use
the PS4 functions I need in Lightroom v99 it will be enough.
But I am very much not an expert in PS.
Frank