Subject: [Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:03:57 -0800

I'm not so sure that Lightroom uses the same code base, Frank. On the
Mac Lightroom is a 64 bit application while Photoshop remains 32 bit.
While a good part of that is certainly the Carbon bindings in
Photoshop for the GUI, I'd bet that there are a lot of Carbon calls in
the bowels of Photoshop as well. Lightroom looks to be a totally new
product/code base so I'm thinking that while the (handwaving) methods
are the same the code has been altered and perhaps even re-written
from scratch. (That would make sense for Adobe to do, in my opinion,
for a new product being released into a very new computing environment
from the one in which Photoshop evolved.)

Adam