Subject: [Leica] IMG: 90th birthday
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:57:53 -0800

Venerable Dr. Ted-san:

Thank you for recognizing my lingering youth!

You're right, the pic would have been better from a few inches lower, but...

Actually, I *was* bent down as far as I could get under the
circumstances--I was squeezed in between my wife, the birthday lady's
granddaughter (who I had to politely push slightly aside to get a view at
all), and a half-height wall right behind me. So I was already about as
folded up as I could get, and I think there was stuff on the table that
would have gotten in the way if I'd gotten much lower.  :-)

Here I was all proud of myself having gotten a sharp photo at 1/6 second,
and you go and remind me I'm too tall.  Oh, the humanity!   :-) Just
remember, I can see over crowds. And you can't without artificial aids
like upended wastebaskets and trees...  :-)

BTW, if you or rest of the LUG want to see the whole album of the
evening's festivities, it is here:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/Rosa90/>
Everything with M8 and 35/1.4 Lux Asph, wide open.

Your vertically enhanced friend,
--Peter

Peter Klein showed, and Ted replied:
>A major milestone for the mother of one of our best friends.
> Toast:
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/L1005795.jpg.html>
> Candles:
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/L1005859.jpg.html>

Peter me old son, :-)
It seems to me on the candle photo and you being a young lad and all. :-)
You might have "bent your knees slightly?"

Although not being on location with you, it might have been difficult. But I
bet you'd have more impact from a slightly lower angle? Is that possible?
Yer call young fella! :-)
Yer old buddy, ;-)
Dr. ted