Subject: [Leica] Japanese saw
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 20:03:17 -0500

George,
The teeth of a Japanese (cabinet makers) pull saw have almost no set. It
will cut a very narrow kerf but will bind in anything but dry well seasoned
wood. An ordinary Stanley cross cut saw will do a sterling job on a gummy
Xmas tree trunk. If you must use a Japanese saw, a silicone spray on the
sides of the blade helps a lot. These nuggets of cabinet makers wisdom were
learned from my father-in-law, a shipbuilding carpenter specializing in fine
interiors. If you ever took a voyage on the old Queen Mary, you saw some of
his work. On the other hand his son, my brother-in-law, was a master of the
hatchet and chain saw. The apple sometimes falls far from the tree.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Japanese saw)
Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email) ([Leica] Japanese saw)