Subject: [Leica] Noctiface
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:06:47 -0500

> Noctilux

When I used my Noctilux I'd burn film.
I never went click and walked away. Certainly not when shooting wide open.
It was always the picking out of the shot which had the best focus;
As well as the best other stuff.
The dif between a nice viable shot and one which was a looser was and is a
cool, clean, quarter inch away.

Now with digital you can make very many clicks in a short period as they are
all in effect motorized.
If you're breathing your bracketing your focus. Or if they are.
And as I said a few days ago its all about WORKING IT.

I do think the difference between the causal dilettante and the pro or
serious photographer is the former goes click and the latter "works it".
In other words:

Click click click click
That's right baby just like that.
Click click click click

You can skip the middle part.

The decisive moment is when you find the best shot on your contact sheet
thing. Lightroom vs. Bridge vs. Aperture
and go "Wow that's the shot!"
And I put 5 stars on it in Bridge.
4 if I'm feeling insecure.

Mark William Rabiner