Subject: [Leica] Noctiface
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 04:45:24 -0500

2009-12-06-23:32:38 tedgrant at shaw.ca:
> Jeff Moore SHOWED:
>>
>> http://photos.bazbarfoo.com/Parties/20091107-ChezSnJ/10563443_ZsNkK#733694114_6xmFT-X3-LB
>
> WOW JEFF!
> Neato! Wide open on a Noctilux and you come up with one like this right
> on the eyes? Man, they don't get much better! Good on you!

Hey, thanks!  I have to admit, it always feels particularly good to get an
attaboy from Dr. Ted.

I cannot tell a lie, the Noctilux/M8 combination has been one I've been
having a pretty low technically-acceptable-focus hit rate with.  A lot
of attempts just have to be binned, enough that I usually choose to
carry the much more reliably-performing (for me) 50/1.4 ASPH.  But every
now and then, I seem to feel the need to bang my head against this
particular wall and try to get a picture I like with the Noct (which I
seemed to get on with better in the film days;  this whole question could
be the subject of a whole 'nother essay), and I have to admit I liked
how this one worked out.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Noctiface)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Noctiface)