Subject: [Leica] Confederates
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:57:49 -0500

Sonny writes:

So I was just wondering, was the subject matter too provocative for this

list, or was the picture so bad that no one felt like saying anything?

I kinda thought it was an interesting take that in these times, these two

people would be interacting in this fashion.

So far not really a peep. Interesting.

http://www.sonc.com/SOC_and_friend.htm

REPLY:

I missed it too. It's sort of like a "Find Oswald" kids book. You have to
look hard to find an important but hidden detail. I thought he was simply
pointing at the man to his left in Confederate uniform.

Most years we attend the reenactment of the battle of Gettysburg in nearby
Pennsylvania. A reasonably close relative is a Colonel in the New York
regiment, the relievers of Chamberlain's unit that defended Little Round
Top. See the film "Gettysburg" for details. We have been going for 15 years.
The South always loses.

My son in law, Pete Sherman, is a descendant of General Sherman, the beloved
Union commander that took a leisurely amble from Atlanta to the sea. He has
to mumble his name when he visits other relatives in Georgia.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Confederates)