Subject: [Leica] GIMP question
From: nmsbaeta at gmail.com (Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:21:21 +0000

Hello!

(...)

> Anyway, I was thinking of using the opportunity to try GIMP on that little
> thing, just in case
> I get the urge to process an image when travelling. Is it easy to install?
> I have looked on
> the web site a bit and it talks about scary things such as needing to
> install additional
> components (all free, sure, but still hassle) and whatnot.

It is easy to install GIMP.  Go to

     <http://www.gimp.org/windows/>

download the installer and run it :-)

Right now I'm playing with digiKam <http://www.digikam.org/> (Rei
Shinozuka's advice) and I'm enjoying it.  BTW, digiKam is photo
management program (Lightroom, Aperture), and GIMP is an image
manipulation program (Photoshop).

Enjoy your netbook!

--
Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta
ille nihil dubitat quem nulla scientia dictat

Replies: Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] GIMP question)