Subject: [Leica] GIMP question
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:37:26 +0100

Does anyone here use GIMP in a Windows 7 environment? I just got a little
netbook, having concluded that it will be forever before Apple decides to
come out with one, also because I wanted a Win 7 machine so I learn to use
that OS and will be able to provide the customary IT support to my wife who
has it on her new laptop :-)

Anyway, I was thinking of using the opportunity to try GIMP on that little
thing, just in case I get the urge to process an image when travelling. Is
it easy to install? I have looked on the web site a bit and it talks about
scary things such as needing to install additional components (all free,
sure, but still hassle) and whatnot.

Is it really just something one can download, install and run without
getting into heavy-duty under-the-hood stuff?

TIA,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain