Subject: [Leica] Photographing woodsy forest in overcast day, bad idea?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 18:04:01 -0500 (EST)

Richard Man wrote:

>I hope to go back to the Big Basin ASAP. It;s going to rain for the
>next few days with a couple "cloudy" days forecast. I am thinking that
>the lights may be flat during the cloudy days? Or should I make a go
>anyway?

My experience in the coastal redwood forests is that overcast is best
otherwise the brightness range with deep forest mixed with spots of sunlight
is more than any recording medium can handle.  Take waterproof coverings for
your camera, maybe for yourself too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com