Subject: [Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:04:53 -0600

P.S. on the black smiths gig and the DIY economy:
I wrote and (photographically) illustrated four articles for The
Anvils Ring; pro bono.
 From that I developed a relationship with the Artist Blacksmith?s
Association of North America, Inc. (ABANA)
which allowed me to negotiate a contract to photograph the "Gallery
Objects"
and present a "How to photograph fine metal work" seminar
at their 2010 conference in Memphis.
All well and good;
except for the fact that the rates are horribly low
even by 1980's standards (my best decade).
(I'm not complaining - just telling it like it is)

FWIW: ABANA is a non profit organization
attempting to promote the art and craft on behalf of the artists.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com