Subject: [Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 00:58:53 -0500

> Early BIM software I used in 1993-94 was a disaster.  Basically, nothing
> worked correctly.
>
> Our energy engineers seem to be the biggest fans of BIM at this point.
>
> Matt

BIM and CAD Sounds like digital photography.
You give them a picture.
They play with it in Photoshop and who knows what its going to look like in
the end with your name on it its a group effort if you like it or not.

And no one really knows what's going on.
Everything is too new.
If you did know what was going on you'd wake up the next morning and be
staring at enough upgrades and updates  to be looking at a whole new
ballgame. And you'd have to re try to figure what's going on all over again.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy)