Subject: [Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 06:58:36 +0000

I started using CAD in 1985. It was very expensive, slow and unstable but I
was able to do some things with it that were not feasible on the board - I
stuck to the board for everything else. Now it is much cheaper, faster and
more stable but I don't do any drawings any more. I sketch what I want and
interact with a young enthusiastic CAD expert to iterate to a drawing. Good
but I preferred it when i was "self sufficient".
FD