Subject: [Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:20:43 -0500

> On Dec 19, 2009, at 2:46 AM, Frank Dernie wrote:
>
>> My WATE works fine on the M9. I always assume a lens with an exit pupil
>> extremely close to the sensor will be too extreme to be compensated, so
>> the
>> 15mm CV almost certainly won't work, though I took a few shots with my
>> 12mm
>> and it seems not bad, I preferred uncorrected. Depending on the subject
>> the
>> shortcomings may not be noticed at all. It was pretty obvious that the
>> Zeiss
>> 21mm f4.5 would be unsuitable for digital
>
> I'm sorry Frank, I don't follow... why is that and does it apply to the
> Leica
> 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH on the M9....?
>
> Does that apply to use with the appropriate external viewfinder?
>

> thanks, Steve

The glass which has problems seems to be the most non retrofocal.
Those are true compact wides which tend to protrude backwards close to my
heart.
Though I don't know how the 21mm 2.3 Super Angulon performs on the M9.
They said it wound work on the M8
 and it did.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?)