Subject: [Leica] First snow in Hannover - now snow and minus 20 Celsius in Saratoga Springs
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:06:33 +0100

Seth,

drivers here panic at only a light dusting of snow too - as if they've
never seen the stuff before.

50 km tailbacks on most of the Autobahns, trucks slewed diagonally
across 3 lanes, multiple pile-ups, cars in roadside ditches.

Funny thing is, in Denmark and Sweden, which are really not all that far
away, drivers just carry on driving as usual with hardly any accidents.

It's a mystery to me.

More snow forecast and the lowest daytime temperatures were around -24?C
today in southern Germany. We only had -14?.

The Channel Tunnel had problems with the cold snap too, 4 trains fullied
with passengers were stuck for quite while under the English Channel,
not a pleasant thought at all.

Cheers
Douglas