Subject: [Leica] First snow in Hannover - now snow and minus 20 Celsius in Saratoga Springs
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 08:19:17 +0000

PMFJI. Experience and tyres. Some people have hardly ever driven in very
slippery conditions and do not know how gentle they need to be to not break
traction, and once they have turned the wheel, hit the brakes or throttle
too hard they are sliding. And they have no experience of how to correct and
catch a slide either.
I also find that winter tyres have m-u-c-h more grip than standard ones.
Without is a mistake IMO.
At Toyota Motorsport in Cologne, where I was senior adviser until they
stopped F1, they changed tyres to winter tyres on all their cars, I
understood it was a requirement in Germany, but maybe it was a requirement
of their insurance policy.
Frank