Subject: [Leica] IMG: Making "Louisiana Latkes"
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 18:53:43 -0800

We are having a Hanukkah party, so Katya made latkes.  Not the
traditional latkes, which are made from grated raw potatoes, fried in
oil.  Those are delicious, but sit in your stomach like lead afterwards.

Instead, Katya found a recipe for Louisiana sweet potato pancakes, which
involve mixing boiled mashed sweet potatoes with a
pancake batter.  Delicious, and easier on the digestion.  So thanks to
Sonny and anyone else connected with Louisiana for this great alternative.

My favorite shot:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/Hanukkah09/L1005903-w.jpg.html

A few more here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/Hanukkah09/

Files beginning with "L" are M8, 35 Summilux Asph, available light.
Files beginning with "PC" are Olympus E510, 14-54 DZ zoom and bounce
flash.  I was interested in seeing the difference between the two
cameras.  Warning: Some Border Terrier mooching behavior displayed.

--Peter