Subject: [Leica] IMG: Y
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 07:41:42 -0800

Rudy,
What I might suggest before you post this type of art in single pieces.  Do
a series along the same style/theme, as in the tea cup that I didn't comment
on. Then post them as a kind of exhibition of the work in a collection. In
that we may see a very interesting collection by someone who observes the
world with a different set of eyes than we who predominantly photograph
people in real life moments.

There isn't anything wrong with what you are shooting, it's just caught many
by surprise due to it's style. But interesting!

The tea cup photo was interesting, but I felt it needed something  more or
less? Either the back ground was too busy, and due to the out of focus
aspect it became far more distracting. Or the cup needed a little tea in the
bottom or some spilled on the table or some indication the human in the back
ground had drank it all? Or? It just didn't cut it.

Both of your photographs have made me look hard to try & see something other
than my rather trite description of the clock and frame.. "a school
composition art assignment." But in reality it is having art school
assignments just like this that teach us the balances of good composition.
Don't stop doing what you are doing / trying if it's fun and interesting for
you.

We all may learn some compositional aspects from your efforts. And as I say,
a series posted in a block of images may well have greater impact than one
photo at a time.
cheers,
ted