Subject: [Leica] D700 added to ISO testing folder
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:17:54 -0500

I've uploaded a series of D700 photos, ISOs from 1600 to 25600, to the Lumix
ISO folder. It's practically jaw-dropping: the equivalent levels of noise in
these are seen in M8 photos of about 1/5 of the same ISO. E.g., the D700
shot at 12800 compares well to the M8's 2500, and so on. Wow, when is Leica
gonna adopt the CMOS technology? Most of the difference I think is due to
this difference, and not the relatively small difference in sensor sizes.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/

?howard

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] D700 added to ISO testing folder)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] D700 added to ISO testing folder)