Subject: [Leica] year end mad dash to spend $$$ or pay taxes on it
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:47:20 -0600

Kyle,

Check with your tax advisor.  Assuming that you can take delivery of gear by
12/31/09, you can write off up to $250,000 (sports cars not included, and I
don't know, they might even grumble about the Laphroaig).  But there is a
catch (isn't there always).  If you spend more than $800,000, your write-off
is reduced.  So I would lighten up on the MF gear.  If you miss this year,
be cautioned that the write-off for 2010 is a paltry $125,000, possibly a
consideration in S2 and MF land.  And, in 2011 it drops to $25,000 - Sacre
Bleu! Write your representative to prevent this outrage.  Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.kencarney.com