Subject: [Leica] year end mad dash to spend $$$ or pay taxes on it
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:57:47 -0500

Jeff Moore sez:

>So pony up for a damn' M9.  It's a very good camera.

I'm sure it is -- but bang-for-the buck, I could get two more d700's with a
50 1.2 and 35 1.4 and never have to change lenses again, or I could get
seven GF-1's and a case of scotch and leave a camera in a taxi every couple
of months for yucks..... if it were $3,000 I'd think about it, but I'd have
to put it on a scale with a D3. Right now I'd have to put it on a scale with
a D3 and a week in Cairo.....

hmmm.... D3 and a week in Cairo.....

kc

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] year end mad dash to spend $$$ or pay taxes on it)