Subject: [Leica] Duck ID?
From: ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:06:56 -0800

Looks like a muscovy duck.  Domesticated ones are usually white, but
wild ones, primarily from central America, have varying colours.

Drakes can be up to 20lb, while ducks are about 12lb.  They have very,
very strong wings, and can harm a human when provoked.

How do I know all this?  Because I used to raise 'em in my backyard.
They don't need much water as they prefer to be up on trees.  They
cleaned the yard of little critters like mice, slugs, and snails.
Within 3 months, they were in my oven.  Delicious.