Subject: [Leica] D700 added to ISO testing folder
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 01:23:53 -0500

> I realize that most people blame only the sensor.... as the chief noise
> source....
>
> But the firmware in the camera also affects the noise outcome.....
>
> If Leica can do nothing about the sensor, especially in the short term,
> they
> certainly could do work on noise reduction algorithms in firmware.....
>
> And it would be worth their time to do so.....
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i at earthlink.net

We go though this like clockwork every 4 or 5 months.
And the punchline is we just don't know CCD vs. CMOS the whys and wherefore
its a much more complicated question than lay people can sit back at their
emailing keyboards to address without getting a few degrees in computer
electronics whatever it is first.
CCD (charge coupled device) vs. CMOS (complementary metal oxide
semiconductor)
Apples and oranges.
The support structure behind them may be the much more critical thing.
Both can be great when the design is implemented properly.

Mark William Rabiner