Subject: [Leica] Contrast Reduction Mask, wohooo
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 03:48:48 -0800

"Why, that print is so easy to make, I did it 11 times!" dodge, burn, repeat,

So I have a particular difficult negative to print: the standard
landscape photo where the trees/rocks in shadow and the the
beach/water have just barely enough highlight details. 0+ paper with
copious dodging and the result is OK, but I know this calls for a
contrast reduction mask.

Fortunately, someone sells such a system (mainly the pin registration
carrier) for the price of a used 50s Summicron. Gave it a test drive
tonight and the result is definitely better than without it. I will
stay with simple dodge-burn-repeat for most things but this looks like
:when you need it, you need it: type of thing.

Also picked up a Seal 210 dry mount press for $50. This thing goes for
~$1300 new, I think.

Woohooo...

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com